- If 45 or more days in advance of arrival in Kenya receive cancellation notification, a cancellation fee of $100.00 per person will be charged.
- If cancellation notification is received by Wilderness Zones Safaris 44 days and 30 days in advance of arrival in Kenya, a cancellation fee of 25% of the total fee for land arrangements will be charged.
- If cancellation notification is received by Wilderness Zones Safaris between 29 days and 14 days in advance of arrival in Kenya, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total fee for land arrangements will be charged.
- If cancellation notification is received by Wilderness Zones Safaris within 14 days of arrival in Kenya, 100% of the total fee for land arrangements will be charged.
All transfers and transportation either in a 9-seater microbus although we limit to a maximum of six so that each participant has access to a window seat or 4X4 lancruser/ landrover, driven by an English speaking driver/guide, airport transfer and game drives all entrance fees both in Kenya and Tanzania; meals and accommodation as described in the itinerary.
Meals outside of the table d’hôte menus; gratuity to the driver, porters and waiters; drinks during meals; other items of a personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry etc.
Payments: A 35% deposit is to be paid once a trip is confirmed to our account in Nairobi, Kenya by direct wire transfer or SWIFT (ask for details) in order for our contract with you to be binding. The 65% balance is payable 45 days before commencement of the safari, either by direct wire transfer or SWIFT. Subject to prior agreement, final cash deposit in US dollars or cash is acceptable upon arrival.
Our cancellation charges are determined by the fact that once we have booked with hotels and safari camps/lodges and with local airlines, they will charge us a cancellation fee if we cancel a booking. We try to keep such charges to a minimum and they are as follows:
Notification of cancellation must be given to Wilderness Zones Safaris in writing.
Alterations to Tours: The right is reserved to change any route or arrangements should conditions so necessitate, to offer substitutes of equal value, or to cancel the operation of any scheduled tour. The right is also reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any tour at any time, in which event an equitable amount will be refunded.
Limit of Liability
- Wilderness Zones Safaris is a limited liability company incorporated and operating under the laws of Kenya.
- Wilderness Zones Safaris is able to offer travel services to its clients within its sphere of operations. Wilderness Zones Safaris operates only to make travel arrangements with carriers, hotels and other suppliers, which are independent contractors, and in no way represents, warrants or guarantees their performance. As independent contractors, non-of the above are agents, employees, or servants of or joint ventures of Wilderness Zones Safaris. All certificates and other travel documents for tour services issued by Wilderness Zones Safaris are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier and the laws of the countries, which the services are supplied.
Wilderness Zones Safaris
- Does not have the right to control the operations of the above-mentioned entities;
- Cannot guarantee the financial stability of the above-mentioned entities;
- Does not have the right to set the prices charged by the above-mentioned entities;
- Cannot control certain cancellation restrictions and penalties imposed by the above-mentioned entities;
- Cannot be responsible for any airline cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable ticket;
- Cannot be responsible for any damage, loss, accident, injury, delay or other irregularity which may be caused by any vehicle or negligence or default or any company or person engaged in carrying out or performing any of the services involved;
- Cannot be responsible for severe injury or death due to participation in certain travels which have inherent risks, but not limited to, attacks by wild animals, hot air ballooning, sightseeing flights in small planes, mountain climbing and rafting;
- Cannot be responsible for losses or expenses from sickness, quarantine, weather, Acts of God, strikes, civil disturbances, wars, customs regulations, or such other causes.
- Any losses sustained due to the above must be borne solely by the Participant. All baggage and personal effects are solely the responsibility of the owners of such baggage and personal effects at all times.
Wilderness Zones Safaris strongly advises participants to purchase travel protection insurance. Due to unexpected events, illness, and emergencies, Participants risk losing all or part of their travel investment. In the absence of travel protection insurance, Participants are not covered for any losses sustained in addition to tour costs, such as medical expenses, baggage loss, and death benefits. There are a number of policies available, varying in the extent and type of coverage, as well as the cost. Typically, the policies do not cover losses incurred due to civil disturbances, war, terrorism, or insolvency of tour operator. Participants are not required to purchase this or any other travel protection insurance in order to participate in a tour package, but again, such coverage is strongly recommended for reasons stated above. All participants on our out of Nairobi trips are covered through the Flying Doctor Service. This facility offers evacuation from the accident spot to a recommended hospital in Nairobi but does NOT cover for medical costs. Ask for more details on this insurance when you book your safari.