Things to bring along for your Mountain Hiking trip.
Advice: It is always advisable to bring as much of your own right fitting equipment because you may at times miss some items that fit you perfectly. These can be bought at any REI store.
Most of the trekking, clothing, footwear and camping equipment is available for hire.
- Rucksack big enough to fit all your personal equipment.
- Daypack to fit in basic necessities you require while hiking.
- Sleeping Bag (A warm and not too bulky bag is recommended)
- Warm Jumper or woolen long sleeved shirts.
- Warm Jacket (being water-resistant is an added advantage).
- Water resistant raincoat.
- Water proof trousers.
- Light Jacket (windbreaker).
- Underwear and T-shirts, (2 or 3) the warmer the better.
- Gloves or mittens extremely necessary above 4000m.
- Balaclava or neckscarf to cover the ears from the wind
- Hiking shoes or climbing boots (Large Gripped).
- Warm woolen socks (3 to 6 pairs).
- leg gaiters.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL ITEMS:
- Sunglasses and Snow goggles
- Water Bottle (a plastic 1.5 liters mineral water bottle can be adapted)
- Water Purification (kit/chemicals)
- Torch/flash light (because of predawn summit hiking)
- First Aid Kit (with basic necessities)
- Walking pole (a stick can be adapted).
Pen knife, notebook, pencil, small towel, toothbrush and paste, soap, suncream, lip ice, camera (lightweight preferred), toilet paper, petroleum jelly, map with case, whistle, compass, sandals, shorts etc.